OPERATOR INTERFACE MNR-0049
- The following instructions apply to units that use ASY-1058 and the Maple System touch screen Operator Interface, MNR-0049.
- The Electrical Panel Assembly will provide logical control and safety shutdowns for the compressor equipment. All necessary time delays, counters, shutdowns, sequencing and safety features are incorporated into a proprietary software program permanently saved into PLC memory using EEPROM technology.
- The software program is based on the pressure and use of the compressor.
- The operator uses the Operator Interface to communicate with the PLC in the Electrical Panel Assembly Controls
- Emergency Stop Button
– A Normally Closed switch when pulled out, when the E-Stop Button is pressed in, it disconnects the main power source, turning off the compressor, draining the ACD system and stopping air delivery to the consuming devices.
– This button is to be used in case of emergency.
– Normal operational stops should be accomplished using the operator interface.
– The Operator Interface is a 4.3 inch, 256 color, 8 bit LCD with touch screen operation.
–The Operator Interface is the input/output device for normal operation of the compressor unit. T
–he compressor system is ready and able to operate after the Emergency Stop Switch is pulled out and the Operator Interface status lights and screen illuminates. .
–The Startup screen shows the programmed unit model (1) and the program identification numbers (4). The startup screen also offers displays in English or Spanish. Once a language is chosen the maple system proceeds to the Run Screen.
- This button can only be accessed after using the login code. If not logged in this button will not function.
- The ADJUST button takes the user to the parameter adjustment pages. To change a parameter just touch the number which needs to be changed and a keypad will pop up.
- Punch in the new number and press the ENT key. Pressing the X button will return to the Home screen.
- Another feature on this page is the PSI/BAR button. Pressures can only be set in PSI, however the displayed pressure on the RUN screen can be set to read PSI or translate it into Bar
–This button leads to the Maintenance screen. Here the maintenance tasks can be looked at in terms of hours of operation or in terms of calendar days.
–We recommend that all maintenance work be recorded, showing the date and details of the work carried out.
–This will help to avoid expensive repairs caused by missed maintenance work. If it is necessary to make a claim against the warranty, it will help to have proof that regular maintenance has been carried out and that the damage has not been caused by insufficient maintenance.
Calendar Maintenance Intervals
–Each Calendar Interval Task includes all tasks in the previous Calendar Interval, i.e. All the Monthly Tasks are done along with the Annual Tasks.
Operating Hours Maintenance Intervals
–Each Operating Hours Task includes all tasks in the previous Operating Hours Interval, i.e. All the 500 Hour Tasks are done along with the 1,000 Tasks.
- NOTE: All maintenance intervals refer to normal operating conditions. Operating the compressor under extreme conditions like high temperatures or high humidity may shorten the intervals significantly. If in doubt, please contact the Bauer Product Support Department.
–This button can only be accessed after using the login code. If not logged in this button will not function.
–The Setup button is used to setup the features of the unit such as CO monitor and Securus moisture monitoring system.
–This page offers the opportunity to turn on and off the features in the PLC program.
– Also they type of unit is set on the second page. When done press the X to return to the Home screen.
–The tools button is used for maintenance purposes. To use the Tools button the user must be logged in. Also the unit must be shutdown.
–Pressing the contact button displays contact information for Bauer Compressors, Inc.
Starting and Stopping Unit
- 1. Check the compressor oil level.
- 2. Ensure that all panels and guards are properly installed.
- 3. Ensure that all doors are closed.
- 4. Ensure that the E-Stop Button is pulled out.
- To Start Unit.
–Press the START Button on the Run Screen.
–If the pressure in the system is lower than the Start Pressure, the compressor will start. If the System pressure is higher or when the air pressure has increased to operating pressure, the compressor will automatically shutdown.
–The Compressor will automatically restart when the pressure drops below the Start Pressure.To
–Press the STOP Button on the Run screen.